This weekend was my youngest granddaughter 7th birthday party; I can't believe it, it was just yesterday that I was at the hospital holding this little baby girl who looked up at me as if she was saying "Who are you"? I had a picture on my old phone on this look on her face. We laughed so hard because she was JUST born and to have that look and it was hilarious.
It's funny how the menu for our family birthday parties (or any family get together) is such a wide variety of food. This weekend the food on the menu was:
- Toss Salad
- Potato Salad
- Spanish rice and beans
- Fried Chicken wings
- Hot Wings
- Hot Dogs
I wanted to share my recipe for my famous potato salad....Lol Its so easy, here are the ingredients:
- White potatoes (the amount depends on much you need to make) for a small bowl 4 potatoes will do, for a medium to large bowl 6 to 10 potatoes will do it.
- 3 heaping tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of sweet relish
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder (you can use onion powder too)
- 1 teaspoon of Dill (my secret ingredient)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cut potatoes into cubes (ensure that potatoes are medium size, small size can tend to get mushy)
- Boil until potatoes are done (tender)
- Drain potatoes and add to medium or large bowl
- Rinse potatoes in cold water (this will cool the potatoes)
- Add mayo, mustard relish, garlic powder, dill, salt and pepper, stir until all ingredients are well blended together, refrigerate for at least an hour.